1. You make grandma’s famous potato salad and no one scolds you for using mayonnaise instead of olive oil.
2. You give a little history lesson to your neighbor after he sees you putting up the American flag and asks if the U.S. is playing Italy in a soccer match.
3. Your Italian friends concede when you say “as a republic my country is older than yours”.
4. You finally find some use for all those little American-flag toothpicks you bought on your last trip home.
5. You pick up a six-pack of Budweiser instead of the more fashionable Peroni just because it’s Made in the U.S.A.
6. You convince your local greengrocer that corn was meant to be eaten on-the-cob.
7. You prove to your Italian friends that hamburgers and hot dogs can be yummy slow-food, too!